Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Playoffs Thread
(01-15-2018, 07:13 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 07:07 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 06:32 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 06:21 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 06:05 PM)NOLA Wrote: He had an incredible rookie season, which was, y'know, this season.  I think PFT graded him out at the 12th best safety on the year.  It was his interception in the 3rd quarter that really helped the Saints turn the game around, and he made game-changing plays like that all season.  New Orleans fans know who he is, but in a good way.  This was undoubtedly an unbelievably stupid play, but he's not one of the dumbest players alive.  He's just a kid who made a terrible play.

That's a relief to hear.

I mean, no matter where he goes Williams will always have that specter following him. I saw someone compare him to Bill Buckner. Bill Buckner had a Hall of Fame caliber career, and he's still known as the guy that let a routine grounder slip between his legs. I'd hate to see one stupid play define Williams' career like it did Buckner's.

http://wgno.com/2018/01/15/watch-saints-...-williams/

You guys have some good fans.

KC fans would eviscerate the guy.

You know, I realized that today, and it makes be a bit sad.  And I know I have a massive disconnect with KC as an area because I was born there but have only visited sporadically since moving when I was little, but isn't that maybe disconcerting?  Like, not the way it should be?  I enjoyed shitting on Matt Cassel from the safety on an internet board, for example, but I did legit start to feel bad for him when it started becoming an active part of games and his larger everyday life.

I dunno.  I'm just not sure that all the negative energy helps.  I probably sound like a flake, but that's not really new territory for me.  Also, I'm often very cynical, so I have my "asshole" street cred.

Saints fans have seen a Superbowl in recent memory.  Chiefs fans have not, and are tired of getting their hopes up and getting embarrassed playoff after playoff after playoff.

You can only get left behind at the altar so many times before you become a cynic on marriage.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
Apparently Sean Payton was mocking the crowd with the skol chant right before the Diggs TD. Whoopsie.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson
(01-16-2018, 12:25 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: Apparently Sean Payton was mocking the crowd with the skol chant right before the Diggs TD. Whoopsie.

[Image: Tom%20H.jpg]