Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*** Chiefs 2018 Offseason Thread ***
(01-07-2018, 10:03 PM)Coach Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 09:22 PM)The_Jonas Wrote: I agree mostly.  Since KC is unlikely to retain Revis and their CB position is a general disaster, that also needs to be a focus.  

That's all.  I added something, but I agree with everything else.

I think they will retain him.  It's a team option for 2018, and if exercised, he only makes $4 million because the other money is coming from the Jets.

Of course, if they decide to cut him, there is no cap charge at all.

I was not aware.  I thought Revis's contract would escalate to 10 million or something next season.  I saw that reported, but I checked and you are correct.  

I'd certainly keep him for that.
(01-08-2018, 01:01 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 10:03 PM)Coach Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 09:22 PM)The_Jonas Wrote: I agree mostly.  Since KC is unlikely to retain Revis and their CB position is a general disaster, that also needs to be a focus.  

That's all.  I added something, but I agree with everything else.

I think they will retain him.  It's a team option for 2018, and if exercised, he only makes $4 million because the other money is coming from the Jets.

Of course, if they decide to cut him, there is no cap charge at all.

I was not aware.  I thought Revis's contract would escalate to 10 million or something next season.  I saw that reported, but I checked and you are correct.  

I'd certainly keep him for that.

I could be wrong but I thought it jumped up a bunch if we made it to the super bowl. Like there was an incentive for every playoff win or something.
Wouldn't be funny if the Bills traded us our own #1 pick for alex smith?
Nagy joins the Bears, Childress is gonna retire.

While I'm sad to lose Nagy, I'm actually really happy that I don't have to worry about Childress taking over.
(01-08-2018, 05:52 PM)The_Jonas Wrote: Nagy joins the Bears, Childress is gonna retire.

While I'm sad to lose Nagy, I'm actually really happy that I don't have to worry about Childress taking over.

Can anyone explain what exactly it was that childress did?
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
(01-08-2018, 06:19 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 05:52 PM)The_Jonas Wrote: Nagy joins the Bears, Childress is gonna retire.

(I think Childress was supposed to be a "clock management consultant" or something stupid like that, but it's too laughably painful to look-up because it's probably true.)
(01-08-2018, 06:19 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:

His job changed every year, but when KC lost Pederson, he stepped in as co offensive coordinator in 2016 and the offense got MUCH worse.  At one point he was in charge of pistol and spread offense.  

I'd prefer he stay far away from our gameplans.
Our RB coach has been named OC. I think that would bode well for the run game. I have no idea who this dude is but I didn't have a clue who Pedersen or nagy were either.
(01-09-2018, 07:30 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: Our RB coach has been named OC. I think that would bode well for the run game. I have no idea who this dude is but I didn't have a clue who Pedersen or nagy were either.

He's a GREAT running back coach.

We'll see.
Like reid would give up play calling to him tho.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates