Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HEY HG (and other KC area folk)
I would stay the hell out of Liberty.  Pleasant valley is good but Liberty sucks at rush hour and Im not crazy about the schools.
[Image: HG.gif]
(12-22-2017, 04:27 AM)HG Wrote: I would stay the hell out of Liberty.  Pleasant valley is good but Liberty sucks at rush hour and Im not crazy about the schools.

Are her kids still in school?  I thought she was getting ready for that empty-nester life?

CC, what's up with the Chicklets?
(12-22-2017, 08:41 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(12-22-2017, 04:27 AM)HG Wrote: I would stay the hell out of Liberty.  Pleasant valley is good but Liberty sucks at rush hour and Im not crazy about the schools.

Are her kids still in school?  I thought she was getting ready for that empty-nester life?

CC, what's up with the Chicklets?

Older one graduates this year.  Looking to go to Wichita State or Missouri S&T studying aerospace engineering.

Younger one in 2nd grade, so yeah, schools matter. However, depending on our circumstances, we may end up going to Oak Academy in Gladstone (private school).  Younger one has some educational challenges that might be better addressed in private school (but we're not sure yet).
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
Dud she just had another one a few years ago.  Youngest cant be that old yet
(12-22-2017, 09:12 AM)HG Wrote: Dud she just had another one a few years ago.  Youngest cant be that old yet

Younger one is 8. Wink

Damn, I've known you guys a lot time.
I live in the Tiffany Springs area, north of Mo-152 and east of I-29.  It's a good area, not sure if the area would be reasonable to your price range.  Maybe west of I-29 and the Zona Rosa area might be more along your range.

Yes, I would advise to avoid Liberty if you have a unholy anger towards traffic, especially on MO-152 and I-35.  And I suspect it's going to get worse due to new businesses growing (they have completed building an Academy there, along with some other shops).

Can't confirm about the drug problem in Excelsior, but it wouldn't surprise me.  Kearney might be a good location as well.  I have a cousin who lives in the Chouteau Trafficway and I-35 in Gladstone area, it appears to be a good location as well.
Really though, as long as you're staying away from Raytown and Independence (or Jackson County in general), you really can't go wrong in your choices, in my opinion.  Blue Springs isn't bad from what I heard, but I can't say that with certainty.
(12-25-2017, 04:04 PM)Coach Wrote: I live in the Tiffany Springs area, north of Mo-152 and east of I-29.  It's a good area, not sure if the area would be reasonable to your price range.  Maybe west of I-29 and the Zona Rosa area might be more along your range.

Yes, I would advise to avoid Liberty if you have a unholy anger towards traffic, especially on MO-152 and I-35.  And I suspect it's going to get worse due to new businesses growing (they have completed building an Academy there, along with some other shops).

Can't confirm about the drug problem in Excelsior, but it wouldn't surprise me.  Kearney might be a good location as well.  I have a cousin who lives in the Chouteau Trafficway and I-35 in Gladstone area, it appears to be a good location as well.

I find occasional places in my range more in the Platte City area, which is definitely a place I'd like to live.

Look, you guys don't understand you don't have traffic.  I live in Dallas-Fort Worth.  I've driven in Houston and in Atlanta and DC in rush hour.  KC is basically a ghost town, comparatively.  I used to think that Johnson County was the back and beyond from the Northland, and now, it's basically what I drive several times a week to train in the martial arts (one-way).  My perspective is very different these days.

Kearney would be my preferred location for a lot of reasons, but it's hard to find stuff in my price range that isn't a wreck.  Excelsior is a good compromise.  But heck, if I could find a place near Weston, I'd be thrilled.

I used to live off of Chouteau Trafficway & 35, actually (on N. Askew Ave). Loved that neighborhood, absolutely on my list to maybe move back there (and that's Kansas City, not Gladstone, which starts a lot further north).
I have sat in traffic all over this country.  Including Dallas.  And while you are right about the KC traffic.  Liberty is a whole different creature.  Rush hour to Liberty backs 35 up all the way back to 435.  Plus is backs up 435 back to Worlds of fun  on most days.  And once you finally get to the liberty exit it takes another 45 minutes to get through that.  Also the most dangerous intersection in the entire KC area is the corner of 153 and Flintlock Road.  On the Liberty KC border.
(12-26-2017, 01:23 PM)HG Wrote: I have sat in traffic all over this country.  Including Dallas.  And while you are right about the KC traffic.  Liberty is a whole different creature.  Rush hour to Liberty backs 35 up all the way back to 435.  Plus is backs up 435 back to Worlds of fun  on most days.  And once you finally get to the liberty exit it takes another 45 minutes to get through that.  Also the most dangerous intersection in the entire KC area is the corner of 153 and Flintlock Road.  On the Liberty KC border.

Eh, it completely depends on where I work, doesn't it?