Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where the hell is Jonas?
(09-14-2017, 02:46 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 03:17 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 03:08 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: Haven't seen him in a while.

I ran him off.  Remember?  We went over this.  In the X-Files thread.

I feel bad.

[Image: tenor.gif]

I'm surprised it took you this long to run him off.

Delayed burn.
He last visited the site 8 days ago now.
(09-22-2017, 04:38 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: He last visited the site 8 days ago now.

Hard not to take that personally.
Here I am to explain my absence. 

I'm sick of social media.  I'm frustrated at the collective inability to have any discussion deeper than ball washing.  Any disagreement, any words intended to provoke thought, is responded with smarm and lame troll memes.  No matter how mundane the topic is, It's always viewed as some attempt to emotionally antagonize.  We all want a safe place where nobody says anything that might ruffle anyone ever.  Worse yet, nobody ever addressed what you say.  They instead seek to immediately impugn your motives and paint you as an asshole.  It's not an individual act, it's the collective pattern of behavior across all forms of social media.  I'm done playing that game.    I'm an asshole.  I'm an old man/dinosaur.  I'm a child.  I'm a racist.  I'm a troll.  I'm a bigot.  I'm an angry virgin.  I'm a Libtard.  I'm a trumper.  I'm a SJW.  I'm a terrorist.  I'm a misogynist... I mean this list NEVER ends.   Can I be all of those things at once?  Who cares?  What gets me called these things?  Anything!  

It's boring.  I'm bored.  

It isn't about this site.  

NOLA, for you personally, I like you.  Always have.  I never have been a fan of your whole 'discredit the witness' method of arguing though, particularly because nobody else really will engage with me.  I'm a novelty around here.  The angry poster.  

I'm bored with it.  I'm not an angry person.  Never have been.
In all honesty I joke about you being the angry poster but I never really thought of you that way. You are pretty level headed. I thought of Milkman as the angry poster but since he left someone had to fill the void :Smile

I hear you though. Have a civil conversation with someone that has a different viewpoint than you is becoming more and more difficult. Not evenjust online. In person as well. My mom and I have gotten into some heated arguements as well over politics as well. We at least have the cushion of knowing we still love each other no matter the view points. 

Civil discussions are much harder now a days. Things become very personal.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson
Everyone knows I'm the angry poster.
(09-26-2017, 12:39 PM)DallasChief Wrote: Everyone knows I'm the angry poster.

Shouldn't we be calling your FloridaMan?
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(09-26-2017, 01:05 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 12:39 PM)DallasChief Wrote: Everyone knows I'm the angry poster.

Shouldn't we be calling your FloridaMan?

I'm still partial to TampaChief.
TamponChief?  Well if thats what you really want then so be it.
[Image: HG.gif]