Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Natural Disasters Thread
Looks like I picked the wrong year to move to Florida.

[Image: looks-like-i-picked-the-wrong-week-to-qu...200&crop=1]
Latest string models are adjusting eastward.  The adjust east a little more and things might be okay for most of Florida.  The west side of the hurricane is always preferable.  Y'know, if you're able to ask the waitress of something.

[Image: storm_11]

[Image: 11L_tracks_latest.png]
Those models look good for me.
Yeah, BUT... I have family in the middle in NC and on the middle peninsula of Virginia.  REALLY REALLY hopes it goes out to sea and doesn't decide to take 'em out.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(09-05-2017, 02:36 PM)DallasChief Wrote: Those models look good for me.

Yeah, but getting into this game can be dangerous.  This will be all I do every 4-6 hours for the next 5 days or so... hurricane forecasts change a lot in that time... It's not a great time.
Spaghetti models are starting to look pretty good for you, brah:

(Also, I just realized the are dynamic images, so the previous spaghetti models I've posted are now the same as this one: it's constantly updating.)

(09-06-2017, 09:06 AM)NOLA Wrote: Spaghetti models are starting to look pretty good for you, brah:

(Also, I just realized the are dynamic images, so the previous spaghetti models I've posted are now the same as this one: it's constantly updating.)

See that orange track?  That leads almost directly to my inlaws' house, while going over about half of my husband's family in North Carolina.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(09-06-2017, 09:48 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 09:06 AM)NOLA Wrote: Spaghetti models are starting to look pretty good for you, brah:

See that orange track?  That leads almost directly to my inlaws' house, while going over about half of my husband's family in North Carolina.

It's going to be another week I think before we know the Carolinas' fate.  I'll keep hoping it keeps working back east.  Most of the European models have it heading back into the Atlantic before actually hitting Florida directly (Florida WILL feel some effects).  Maybe it'll just be a really close call.  Again, being on the western side of a hurricane is easier to deal with from a rain perspective, though winds will still be a problem.
The Virgin Islands are getting rocked today.
(09-06-2017, 10:24 AM)DallasChief Wrote: The Virgin Islands are getting rocked today.

I don't think I've ever seen a hurricane with 185 mph winds before.