Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Week 1 @ Patriots, NFL Season Opener Thread
Short week, so it's time to get this thread started.

First off, Justin Houston has some somewhat obvious but not always followed advice about how to beat Tom Brady. "Hit him".

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/9/3/...dy-hit-him

This is absolutely right. Don't get discouraged because he makes some plays. If you don't just get pressure but actually hit him, he can and typically will make mistakes. It's difficult to do though because he gets the ball out so quick. We've frustrated the hell out of Brady before (albeit at home) and I think this defense is more talented than that one.

Let's get this season off right!
[Image: 200.gif]
I have to teach martial arts class Thursday night so I'll only catch part of the game.

I admit, I have no idea what to expect from this team this year.  Preseason was confusing, and I am afraid to get my hopes up.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
I feel the same way, I don't know what to expect. Getting the Patriots week 1 can be a good or a bad thing. I am hoping our Defense controls the game and doesn't let Brady have all day to pick apart. The quick throw style suits Peters and his route jumping skills.
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!
(09-05-2017, 12:06 PM)mabbott Wrote: I feel the same way, I don't know what to expect. Getting the Patriots week 1 can be a good or a bad thing. I am hoping our Defense controls the game and doesn't let Brady have all day to pick apart. The quick throw style suits Peters and his route jumping skills.

I admit I don't expect much out of the Chiefs in week 1.  Just keeping it close would be nice.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(09-05-2017, 12:44 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 12:06 PM)mabbott Wrote: I feel the same way, I don't know what to expect. Getting the Patriots week 1 can be a good or a bad thing. I am hoping our Defense controls the game and doesn't let Brady have all day to pick apart. The quick throw style suits Peters and his route jumping skills.

I admit I don't expect much out of the Chiefs in week 1.  Just keeping it close would be nice.

Andy Reid teams aren't exactly known for their September starts, are they?  I mean, they are, but y'know, not in a positive way.
Haven't you heard, NOLA? Andy Reid > Bill Belichek. 

Per former New Orlean Saint and known dumbass, Heath Evans.

[Image: 951df492706f7302e498f0dfd805c4ef.jpg]
(09-05-2017, 01:39 PM)DallasChief Wrote: Haven't you heard, NOLA? Andy Reid > Bill Belichek. 

Per former New Orlean Saint and known dumbass, Heath Evans.

[Image: 951df492706f7302e498f0dfd805c4ef.jpg]

Apparently it was Maurice Jones-Drew that thought the Chiefs had the coaching advantage. He's actually been a pretty big fan of the Chiefs the last couple years, unless they're facing the Raiders.
Oh, ok. 

MJD is stupid too. Smile
I was gonna say, "give Evans a break, he's had a lot of head injuries," but that joke totally works with MJD, too.