Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Week 1 @ Patriots, NFL Season Opener Thread
Super Bowl!
Has the consideration been considered that maybe Smith had such a good passing game is due to an Offensive Line finally giving him time? Or has someone else mentioned this already? Just consider, he didn't have to check down because he actually had time to throw? Just a thought
(09-09-2017, 08:15 PM)Razorchief Wrote: Has the consideration been considered that maybe Smith had such a good passing game is due to an Offensive Line finally giving him time? Or has someone else mentioned this already? Just consider, he didn't have to check down because he actually had time to throw? Just a thought

If I recall correctly, CC and HG both mentioned they thought the OL was the real difference maker. I agree with that. Alex looked more comfortable, and I doubt it was just because he was more comfortable with who he was or even with the gameplan. They were excellent at keeping Hunt clean for several yards on most of the runs too.

Truth be told, I hope it's the OL. That would be more sustainable than it being a good gameplan or Alex being extra motivated
(09-09-2017, 04:41 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 01:57 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 08:46 PM)HG Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 05:50 PM)DallasChief Wrote: I'm going to save my angst for things that really matter, Marcus Peters kneelimgn for the anthem.  lol
He didnt kneel.  He sat on his ass

And if I'm not at my seat at the stadium I don't stop walking during the anthem. And I sit on my ass when I watch the anthem on tv, or go do other shit. I also don't say the pledge of allegiance every damn day even though everyone else does at my school.

Good for you.  I always thought that was some weird nationalist shit when I was a little kid, and I never shook that feeling.  As a veteran buddy of mine put it, "Everytime I have to stand up for the national anthem, I feel like the terrorists win."  And he killed an undisclosed number of people in Afghanistan, so I believe he has a stake in the whole thing.

Also, I think I agree with everyone else about your take on the game, but whatevs
.  We won!  1-0 baby!  Our receiving corps still sucks.  You're not wrong there.

Won't be the first time I was right when everyone else was wrong  Big Grin
From ESPNs week 1 fantasy winners and losers article. It says that all the top 4 rb scorers are chiefs. I'm not sure that's true but I guess it speaks to our luck at rbs.

Kareem Hunt, RB, Kansas City Chiefs: Hunt's 45.6 PPR and 40.6 non-PPR fantasy points in the NFL Kickoff game on Thursday night set new records for a player in his NFL debut, breaking Sims' 37-year-old marks of 41.7 and 39.7. Hunt came within one point of setting a new mark in the NFL Kickoff game; he narrowly missed Peyton Manning's mark of 46.5, set in 2013. Hunt also managed the third-most PPR fantasy points by a running back of anyexperience level, trailing only Jamaal Charles' 59.5 (2013 Week 15) and Priest Holmes' 55.7 (2002 Week 12), and the fourth-most non-PPR fantasy points by a Chiefs running back, trailing Charles (51.5, 2013 Week 15), Holmes (48.7, 2002 Week 12) and Larry Johnson (42.1, 2006 Week 8).

Hunt was being drafted 35th on average (ADP: 36.5) in the seven-day period leading into Thursday's kickoff, but by Sunday's kickoff, his ADP for the seven-day period leading into the day had risen to 19.1 and 16th overall.
Saw this quote on a Deadspin article. This would seem to support the idea that the offensive line improvement and development was a huge factor in Alex's big game.

"When Smith faced no pressure—which was often—he was 22-for-26 for 304 yards, 3 TDs, and a 153.8 passer rating, according to PFF."

The article also suggested that Andy Reid deliberately included some college concepts to help Alex, but really that's been true for the majority of the time they've been here.
I like the All-22 breakdowns over on Arrowhead Pride.  This is a good one:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/9/11...retty-good
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]