Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Week 1 @ Patriots, NFL Season Opener Thread
Gameday. I havent been here in a while since ive been trying to distance myself from football. Im picking the Patriots to win this 28-17 with Brady throwing a pick and a fumble by the Chiefs. Alex Smith is not an aggressive quarterback, and im not sure even if we make the playoffs again (which i think we will) that we will get far. Im just being real about it. And we also lost spencer ware. I think it may be time to reevaluate our situation at the QB position (Since this will probably be Smiths last season to prove himself anyway). 

I may not of been the first person to say this and i may of said some different things in january but after this long offseason ive had to face the reality. So basically if Smith doesnt come up big in the playoffs, or have a good season in terms of QB play 25+ TD 3500 yards or something like that then i think we need another QB. Now of course if the Chiefs go 14-2 id be very happy Smile  im not wishing anything against us i just dont think its gonna happen. But if it does ill be happy!! Maybe Smith can prove us wrong.
(09-07-2017, 03:26 PM)KCChiefs1986 Wrote: Gameday. I havent been here in a while since ive been trying to distance myself from football. Im picking the Patriots to win this 28-17 with Brady throwing a pick and a fumble by the Chiefs. Alex Smith is not an aggressive quarterback, and im not sure even if we make the playoffs again (which i think we will) that we will get far. Im just being real about it. And we also lost spencer ware. I think it may be time to reevaluate our situation at the QB position (Since this will probably be Smiths last season to prove himself anyway). 

I may not of been the first person to say this and i may of said some different things in january but after this long offseason ive had to face the reality. So basically if Smith doesnt come up big in the playoffs, or have a good season in terms of QB play 25+ TD 3500 yards or something like that then i think we need another QB. Now of course if the Chiefs go 14-2 id be very happy Smile  im not wishing anything against us i just dont think its gonna happen. But if it does ill be happy!! Maybe Smith can prove us wrong.

So can I introduce you to Patrick Mahomes...

[Image: gttpG9x.gif]

[Image: 21317802_10105475889181140_1000656637310...e=5A1C96D4]
(09-07-2017, 05:07 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 03:26 PM)KCChiefs1986 Wrote: Gameday. I havent been here in a while since ive been trying to distance myself from football. Im picking the Patriots to win this 28-17 with Brady throwing a pick and a fumble by the Chiefs. Alex Smith is not an aggressive quarterback, and im not sure even if we make the playoffs again (which i think we will) that we will get far. Im just being real about it. And we also lost spencer ware. I think it may be time to reevaluate our situation at the QB position (Since this will probably be Smiths last season to prove himself anyway). 

Yea he looks great, when i was typing my message i was thinking about him. But im not about to put all my eggs in one basket, he hasn't started in the NFL yet, so i think we have to at least keep our options open. Hes a good prospect but hes not THE next quarterback for the Chiefs yet, or is he?
(09-07-2017, 05:16 PM)KCChiefs1986 Wrote:

Yea he looks great, when i was typing my message i was thinking about him. But im not about to put all my eggs in one basket, he hasn't started in the NFL yet, so i think we have to at least keep our options open. Hes a good prospect but hes not THE next quarterback for the Chiefs yet, or is he?

I mean, we're into the dude for TWO first-round draft picks.  Yeah, he's the next QB.  At least for a few years.
(09-07-2017, 05:24 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 05:16 PM)KCChiefs1986 Wrote:

I mean, we're into the dude for TWO first-round draft picks.  Yeah, he's the next QB.  At least for a few years.
Then you proved to me that he probably is. I watched John Grudens camp with Mahomes and paid attention to some things that's gone on with the Chiefs this offseason but this has been the most distant offseason for me in over 10 years. Mainly because the loss to the Steelers hurt me more then i could ever imagine, and last season was the most pumped up ive been since the Chiefs 2003-2004 season. (which has pathetically never left me, even now im still trying to get a life on that 14 year old season) If we lose Smith we lose never throwing picks, scoring at least 21 points (most of the time) and not costing us the game. With Mahomes who knows, he may bomb it but he may throw some costly picks. Well see as the year plays out what happens, but right now lets just see what Smiths does and make plans as the seasons progresses if he doesnt play well.
Argghh.  Red pants and white shirts.  They're wearing the dirty douche tonight.
I think Peters wants to get kicked off the team.  He sat during the Anthem.  Clark aint gonna be happy
[Image: HG.gif]
Defense?  Defense?  The season has started, someone tell the defense.
(09-07-2017, 07:41 PM)HG Wrote: I think Peters wants to get kicked off the team.  He sat during the Anthem.  Clark aint gonna be happy

He's a punk.
Sorry, but I've had a problem with Peters not only because of the Anthem crap, which I think is more of an unneeded distraction than anything, but because he will not swear a hatred towards his boyhood favorite team, the Raiders.  You have to be suspicious of anyone that won't declare a hatred for that scum they call the Raiders.