Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Your Team Sucks 2017
Thank God that damned streak is over. The fact that it seemed to overshadow Duffy pulling his best Dwayne Bowe impersonation is mind boggling, though.
(08-29-2017, 08:27 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: Thank God that damned streak is over. The fact that it seemed to overshadow Duffy pulling his best Dwayne Bowe impersonation is mind boggling, though.

What?
(08-30-2017, 10:47 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 08:27 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: Thank God that damned streak is over. The fact that it seemed to overshadow Duffy pulling his best Dwayne Bowe impersonation is mind boggling, though.

What?

Wrong thread. Meant to throw this in the Royals thread.
(08-30-2017, 11:46 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 10:47 AM)NOLA Wrote:

What?

Wrong thread. Meant to throw this in the Royals thread.

Hehehe.  This makes so much more sense now.
The time has come.

Why Your Team Sucks 2017: Kansas City Chiefs
Loved this:

Quote:Foy:
Quote:Since Andy Reid took over in 2013, I have gone to a really good local BBQ joint (Jack Stack) probably half a dozen times. Sometimes for a nice dinner on a Friday night with my wife and the visiting in-laws. Sometimes for a mid-week work lunch with a friend. Sometimes during the season, sometimes during the off-season. I have seen Andy Reid at the restaurant EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
Well, to be fair, we got several Andy Reid look-a-likes running around the city.  Also, I find it hard to believe he relegates his BBQ feasting exclusively to Jack Stack, tasty as it is.

Quote:Anyway, joining Andy Reid and the Chiefs together may be God’s cruelest act. Together, they regularly discover entirely new dimensions of choking.

It hurts, because it's true.

Quote:Even with Mahomes sitting in the on-deck circle, this is still the same unthreatening, mildly above average team you’ve seen for a few years now.

Always a bridesmaid, never gonna be the goddamned bride.

Quote:But you better believe I’ll be cheering in a few years when they trot out the 3 living members of our Super Bowl team to celebrate the 50-year anniversary of our “championship moment”. Of course, no one can actually remember the game who hasn’t been an AARP member for at least 10 years. I’m a fucking loser. Fuck the Broncos. Fuck the Raiders. Fuck Marty Schottenheimer, Andy Reid, John Elway, Peyton Manning, and Lin Elliot.  

My god, I could have written that.  And fuck Dan Marino, too. Just for the hell of it.

Speaking of that damn kicker, it's funny how so many fans in the comments are still pissed off at him.  Yikes.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
A three-paragraph tragedy.  Fucking BRUTAL.

Trevor:
Quote:After somehow managing to hold our opponent to zero touchdowns in a home playoff game, after a bye, and still lose, I wasn’t surprised. This is the general life of Chiefs fandom, and after twenty seven years of this garbage (being winless in home division playoff games my entire life) I was not the least bit surprised. It was probably less painful than all the other times because I am older and expected it... or so I thought.

Everyone at the bar started getting me sympathy shots after the holding call took away our chance to win. I was eight different types of yardsale drunk at this point. I stumbled a few blocks away to see my wife who was spending time with our mutual female friend. My wife kissed me goodbye to go home early and study (she’s going to be a doctor) and I stuck around just having a few more with our mutual friend (who made our wedding cake and is married herself) until I completely passed out on her couch from being sad, Chiefs drunk.

I wake up at five am to a million calls from my wife, who is screaming and has decided that I must be being unfaithful “Staying at another woman’s home.” For the next week, she won’t even speak to me, until she finally says “You just never took me camping enough,” and “I’ve found somewhere else to live,” and proceeds to move out.
For CC23 and TampaChief:

Why Your Team Sucks 2017: Dallas Cowboys!
(09-01-2017, 03:58 PM)NOLA Wrote: For CC23 and TampaChief:

Why Your Team Sucks 2017: Dallas Cowboys!

LOL, yep.  That about sums it up.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]