Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs 2016 Chiefs, thanks for a job....done.
It was a fun year with some good wins.  Champions of the division, winning 12 games, but my favorite was going 6-0 against division foes.  But all in all, this team is no different than the 1995, 1997, 2003 teams that overachieved and came a little short.  I want this off season to focus on building the lines, both offensive and defensive, because the game is won in the trenches.
Our run defense is my only concern with our team.  The Offensive line can always get better; however, the more they play together the better they are,
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!
(01-16-2017, 01:12 AM)warthog Wrote: It was a fun year with some good wins.  Champions of the division, winning 12 games, but my favorite was going 6-0 against division foes.  But all in all, this team is no different than the 1995, 1997, 2003 teams that overachieved and came a little short.  I want this off season to focus on building the lines, both offensive and defensive, because the game is won in the trenches.

My take.

1.  Andy Reid's play calling requires an OL beyond what KC has... or any team in the league.  You can't pass twice as often as you run and expect any kind of protection.  You make the offense one dimensional, you're doing the defenses job for it.  I want Andy to hire a good OC and let them do their job.  Get Childress the fuck out.  This offense was HORRIBLE relative to the talent.  Period.  A good running game starts with the mentality a coach gives his team.  Andy doesn't give a shit.  He thinks his 20 behind the line of scrimmage passes are a running game. You say 'Improve the running game!" What Andy hears is "Improve the screen passing game!"  He sees no distinction.

2.  KC's run defense was largely a product of injuries.  KC lost both starting DE's to IR and both starting ILB's to IR.  They weren't great to begin with, but I really believe Sutton's scheme is oriented to stopping the pass in a passing league.  Plus, if Andy emphasizes run defense like he does run offense, the results make sense.  Teams often take on that HC personality .  We need ILB's who hit the POA harder.  Wilson is too dainty in there.  I like him, but he needs a good 10-15 Lbs.

3.  Like it or not this is reality.  Tom Brady would have torched that defense for 300+ yards, multiple TD's, and walked away in a laugher.  There were two plays where Reek was let totally loose and another where Maclin had an 80 yard TD and Alex threw it away.  Those aren't even the ones where he made the right throw and missed.  Those are plays he never attempted to make.  KC must at least START trying to find the guy for the future.  Alex was a decent placeholder, but I have a real problem with KC acting like he's an elite QB with a secure job.  IT's bullshit.  He's not that good.  Few guys are.

4.  KC must keep Berry.  What happens if we lose Poe?  Does the run defense get WORSE?  Yeah, I doubt it.  Berry has to stay.  

5.  KC must not stop drafting pass rushers.  Ford is a good one, but he's streaky.  Houston... I don't know what the future holds with him.  Hali is done.  He was never an explosive pass rusher (he won with technique and effort), and now he's the slowest guy on the field.

I could go on, but it's 6 and i have plans.  Lates.
I totally agree with the keeping Berry over Poe.  Berry has become a difference maker and I love the intensity he plays with.
(01-17-2017, 07:03 PM)The_Jonas Wrote: My take.

3.  Like it or not this is reality.  Tom Brady would have torched that defense for 300+ yards, multiple TD's, and walked away in a laugher.  There were two plays where Reek was let totally loose and another where Maclin had an 80 yard TD and Alex threw it away.  Those aren't even the ones where he made the right throw and missed.  Those are plays he never attempted to make.  KC must at least START trying to find the guy for the future.  Alex was a decent placeholder, but I have a real problem with KC acting like he's an elite QB with a secure job.  IT's bullshit.  He's not that good.  Few guys are.

Don't know what his stats are but brady has just fucking tore up the steelers secondary and the score is 33-9. Point proven.
3 Tds 384 yards.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson
This team just about killed me this year.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(01-23-2017, 02:10 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: This team just about killed me this year.

Every year, you do take it the hardest. Cheer up. New season is just a few months away.

Sent from my Batphone... because I'm Batman!
(01-23-2017, 09:32 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 02:10 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: This team just about killed me this year.

Every year, you do take it the hardest. Cheer up. New season is just a few months away.

Every game, so it seemed, was a nail biter.  Bad for my blood pressure.

And I stepped back - WAY BACK - from my fandom in 2015.  Just took an emotional break.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(01-24-2017, 08:44 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 09:32 PM)NOLA Wrote:

Every game, so it seemed, was a nail biter.  Bad for my blood pressure.

And I stepped back - WAY BACK - from my fandom in 2015.  Just took an emotional break.
I did the same thing. Enjoyed the season a lot more too.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson