Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs 2016 Chiefs, thanks for a job....done.
(01-24-2017, 08:44 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 09:32 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 02:10 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: This team just about killed me this year.

Every year, you do take it the hardest. Cheer up. New season is just a few months away.

Sent from my Batphone... because I'm Batman!

Every game, so it seemed, was a nail biter.  Bad for my blood pressure.

And I stepped back - WAY BACK - from my fandom in 2015.  Just took an emotional break.

That's fair.  But I was serious about the next season thing.  It's still a good team with great players.  Also, the Cubs just won the World Series, so stranger things have happened.

But the STRANGEST thing this playoff season?  Of the eight remaining teams at the start of the divisional round, every casual NFL fan I knew/met/talked to was rooting/hoping for the Chiefs.  I can't say there was a lot of objective optimism, but the casual observer was ready to root for the underdog because the rest of that field was so commonly in the playoffs (Seahawks, Packers, Steelers, Patriots) and/or the fanbase so obnoxious (Dallas) that KC was the really appealing option (nobody gives a fuck about Houston or Atlanta, apparently, which makes sense to me).  America is ready to root for the Chiefs, people.  You heard it here first.
[Image: nolasig.gif]
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah, yeah.
Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.