* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Time to Extend Reid?
(01-11-2017, 04:39 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 12:41 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 10:24 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 09:11 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 08:15 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Other Chiefs boards dumbass troll fans who get off on being miserable want Reid fired.

I said wait until after the season.  I think the terms of the extension and new contract will be greatly affected by what happens in the next few weeks.

I am also very interested to see if that rumor mill suggesting Dorsey going back to Green Bay pans out, because I think a lot of Reid's success is attributable to Dorsey.

I am 100x more worried about dorsey than reid

Ditto.  Dorsey took a culture that was utterly poisoned and restored it to glory.

Returned it to respectability.  

Which is awesome given the disaster of the Herm/Pioli eras.   The unmitigated embarrassing shit-show we endured that went beyond just failing on the field.  A coach who mocks fans, then a GM and coach who hate each other and openly feud like infants.  Then a coach yes-man who was essentially a vessel for a GM who wanted to coach from the personnel office.... Multiple 2-14 records.  

Glory?  They won a playoff game.  Only champions get glory.  Smile

I like this team.  They're not weak willed.  They lack star power at spots, but they're grinders.  They come up huge at important moments.  

Let us not forget Justin Houston and the fact that he's a legitimate game-changing player who is allegedly more healthy than he's been all season...

Anyway, I think Reid and Dorsey will come as a package, probably re-signed after the playoffs.  We'll see.

That playoff win last year was GLORIOUS.  I don't care. Smile

Relative to the 'not winning a playoff game' that I experienced.. yes.

However let's think about this.  KC must win this game.  4 straight playoff losses at Arrowhead.  

The win last  year didn't erase that stain on KC's 'home field advantage'.  Time to start a new streak...
(01-10-2017, 08:15 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Other Chiefs boards dumbass troll fans who get off on being miserable want Reid fired.

I said wait until after the season.  I think the terms of the extension and new contract will be greatly affected by what happens in the next few weeks.

I am also very interested to see if that rumor mill suggesting Dorsey going back to Green Bay pans out, because I think a lot of Reid's success is attributable to Dorsey.

Ditto.  Dorsey took a culture that was utterly poisoned and restored it to glory.

Which is awesome given the disaster of the Herm/Pioli eras.   The unmitigated embarrassing shit-show we endured that went beyond just failing on the field.  A coach who mocks fans, then a GM and coach who hate each other and openly feud like infants.  Then a coach yes-man who was essentially a vessel for a GM who wanted to coach from the personnel office.... Multiple 2-14 records.  

I like this team.  They're not weak willed.  They lack star power at spots, but they're grinders.  They come up huge at important moments.  

Let us not forget Justin Houston and the fact that he's a legitimate game-changing player who is allegedly more healthy than he's been all season...

Anyway, I think Reid and Dorsey will come as a package, probably re-signed after the playoffs.  We'll see.
 I actually liked Herm in the 06-07 season, even tho we won one less game with him then dick vermeil (10-6 missed playoffs Sad )we still at least made it. But as a Trent Green fan (he was my favorite for many years) i still think we should of rode Damon Huard in the playoffs that year since Green was coming of injury.  Undecided i hope we win but if we don't i'm damn proud of where our team has come, especially the past 2 years. We hardly lose and were 2nd only to the Patriots, that is tremendous progress. 

I just hope our team uses all the playoff experience as a springboard to beat teams in the playoffs from here on out. Whether were 10-6 wildcard or 13-3 i hope our playoff experience pays off. I really want us to get a #1 or 2 seed every year but as long as were in the dance t'hats the most important. Then we can beat any team, the Colts next year Baltimore or whoever. But as we look at it now there is only 2 teams that may be better then us thats Roethlisberger and Brady, if we can get passed Roethlisberger then that leaves Brady (who has been my favorite QB for years) which sucks because my team has to face my favorite qb. But if Smith at least gets to the SB he will be my favorite qb.
(01-11-2017, 09:36 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 09:11 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: I am 100x more worried about dorsey than reid

However let's think about this.  KC must win this game.  4 straight playoff losses at Arrowhead.  

The win last  year didn't erase that stain on KC's 'home field advantage'.  Time to start a new streak...

Eh, to me, that's moving the goalposts.

Last year, just winning a playoff game was enough.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(01-12-2017, 02:05 AM)KCChiefs1986 Wrote:

I actually liked Herm in the 06-07 season, even tho we won one less game with him then dick vermeil (10-6 missed playoffs Sad )we still at least made it. But as a Trent Green fan (he was my favorite for many years) i still think we should of rode Damon Huard in the playoffs that year since Green was coming of injury.  Undecided i hope we win but if we don't i'm damn proud of where our team has come, especially the past 2 years. We hardly lose and were 2nd only to the Patriots, that is tremendous progress. 

I just hope our team uses all the playoff experience as a springboard to beat teams in the playoffs from here on out. Whether were 10-6 wildcard or 13-3 i hope our playoff experience pays off. I really want us to get a #1 or 2 seed every year but as long as were in the dance t'hats the most important. Then we can beat any team, the Colts next year Baltimore or whoever. But as we look at it now there is only 2 teams that may be better then us thats Roethlisberger and Brady, if we can get passed Roethlisberger then that leaves Brady (who has been my favorite QB for years) which sucks because my team has to face my favorite qb. But if Smith at least gets to the SB he will be my favorite qb.

I'll just not rehash my opinion of Herm.  It was a bad hire, and everyone here grew tired of my rants a decade ago.. when we first hired him.
(01-12-2017, 11:16 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 10:24 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Ditto.  Dorsey took a culture that was utterly poisoned and restored it to glory.

Not moving the goal posts at all.  When you achieve one goal, you naturally move onto the next.  

I'd like to think we all want this team to win a superbowl, but I"ll be content this year if they just give this home crowd a long deserved playoff win in the greatest football stadium on earth.  

I'm certainly not content to wait another 20 freaking years for a playoff win.
(01-13-2017, 12:18 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 11:16 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 12:41 PM)The_Jonas Wrote: Returned it to respectability.  

Not moving the goal posts at all.  When you achieve one goal, you naturally move onto the next.  

I'd like to think we all want this team to win a superbowl, but I"ll be content this year if they just give this home crowd a long deserved playoff win in the greatest football stadium on earth.  

I'm certainly not content to wait another 20 freaking years for a playoff win.

I hope we win on Sunday we should. If this were a regular season game id think wed tap the steelers ass nice and good. The only reason some Chiefs fans question this game is because of the home playoff losing streak (fuck the bullshit, im personally glad we have a home playoff game and also, stop being a coward) and because the Steelers are a 6 time super bowl champ who can create "magic" in the playoffs. 

Excuse my language but forget that, were gonna school there asses, this isnt the 06 steelers with all that defense, this is 1 Qb, 1 running back, and 1 receiver, if we stop them were good. We have more then enough to beat this so called winning streak, playing at the right time team. If we dont then hey thats how it goes sometimes id still be proud.