Do not extend Reid now, time to look for new leadership
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Time to Extend Reid?
I don't think it'd be a distraction when to re-sign Reid because 98% of that is between the front office and Reid's agent. Now or later almost doesn't matter.

If Reid even gets the Chiefs to the Super Bowl, he probably will get to coach here as long as he wants, regardless of how we feel about it. Of course, Reid took a (talented) 2-14 team and turned them into a consistent winner. I know he's got his shortcomings, but I'll take it compared to homeless golfer running Pittsburgh's offense.
[Image: d702u.png]
signature by bone
11-5, 9-7, 11-5 (first playoff win since 1994, i cried after the Texans game since i grew up not seeing a Chiefs playoff victory since i was very young) 12-4 2nd seed. I respect the hell out of Andy Reid for changing our teams fortunes around. I didnt agree with every offseason move hes made. Hes got our offense as competitive as anyone. Maclin, Kelce, Hill, and Ware, we can score with anyone. But damn hes changed our fortunes, 2 straight playoff appearances, favored to win and we might win. Could of easily been 14-2, hes a great coach, a hall of fame coach, im glad hes on our side i hope he gets over the hump and wins a super bowl, hes long overdue, and so are we. Im glad Clark hunt chose to pick up Reid right after he left the eagles, so he could pick up quick. Look what wev'e done all wining seasons and then a 2 seed. We have a hall of fame coach. We could of been 9-7 looking at the Raiders, Reid is why were so good and our team of course but the coach plays a big part. An extension is a undersstatement 2-14 in 2013 to 12-4 2nd seed potential to reach the superbowl, yea thats an extension

I actually find it very disrepectful and personally insulting for Chiefs fans to not think Andy Reid deserves and extension, were a fucking #2 seed. We couldn't score shit before he got here, we turned the ball over like we liked doing it before he and Alex Smith got to our team. Maybe every Chiefs fan forgets about the 2012-2013  season but i dont, and when we lost to the Steelers in a close OT game i remember that ( we were so close). Thats not right even thinking he doesnt' deserve an extension, weve beaten like every team could easily be 14-2, its not right to think he doesnt deserve an extension he does.
That's harder to read than a HG post. Partly because it's a lot more words than HG can string together.
[Image: chiefs_jamaal_charles_sig_by_twisted_rea...34kkke.png]
(01-09-2017, 09:29 PM)KCChiefs1986 Wrote: 11-5, 9-7, 11-5 (first playoff win since 1994, i cried after the Texans game since i grew up not seeing a Chiefs playoff victory since i was very young) 12-4 2nd seed. I respect the hell out of Andy Reid for changing our teams fortunes around. I didnt agree with every offseason move hes made. Hes got our offense as competitive as anyone. Maclin, Kelce, Hill, and Ware, we can score with anyone. But damn hes changed our fortunes, 2 straight playoff appearances, favored to win and we might win. Could of easily been 14-2, hes a great coach, a hall of fame coach, im glad hes on our side i hope he gets over the hump and wins a super bowl, hes long overdue, and so are we. Im glad Clark hunt chose to pick up Reid right after he left the eagles, so he could pick up quick. Look what wev'e done all wining seasons and then a 2 seed. We have a hall of fame coach. We could of been 9-7 looking at the Raiders, Reid is why were so good and our team of course but the coach plays a big part. An extension is a undersstatement 2-14 in 2013 to 12-4 2nd seed potential to reach the superbowl, yea thats an extension

I actually find it very disrepectful and personally insulting for Chiefs fans to not think Andy Reid deserves and extension, were a fucking #2 seed. We couldn't score shit before he got here, we turned the ball over like we liked doing it before he and Alex Smith got to our team. Maybe every Chiefs fan forgets about the 2012-2013  season but i dont, and when we lost to the Steelers in a close OT game i remember that ( we were so close). Thats not right even thinking he doesnt' deserve an extension, weve beaten like every team could easily be 14-2, its not right to think he doesnt deserve an extension he does.

Who said Reid doesn't deserve an extension?
[Image: nolasig.gif]
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah, yeah.
Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.
Other Chiefs boards dumbass troll fans who get off on being miserable want Reid fired.

I said wait until after the season.  I think the terms of the extension and new contract will be greatly affected by what happens in the next few weeks.

I am also very interested to see if that rumor mill suggesting Dorsey going back to Green Bay pans out, because I think a lot of Reid's success is attributable to Dorsey.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(01-10-2017, 08:15 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Other Chiefs boards dumbass troll fans who get off on being miserable want Reid fired.

I said wait until after the season.  I think the terms of the extension and new contract will be greatly affected by what happens in the next few weeks.

I am also very interested to see if that rumor mill suggesting Dorsey going back to Green Bay pans out, because I think a lot of Reid's success is attributable to Dorsey.

I am 100x more worried about dorsey than reid
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson
(01-10-2017, 09:11 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 08:15 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Other Chiefs boards dumbass troll fans who get off on being miserable want Reid fired.

Ditto.  Dorsey took a culture that was utterly poisoned and restored it to glory.
You have to extend him.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
[Image: 9to83k.png]
(01-10-2017, 10:24 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:

Ditto.  Dorsey took a culture that was utterly poisoned and restored it to glory.

Returned it to respectability.  

Which is awesome given the disaster of the Herm/Pioli eras.   The unmitigated embarrassing shit-show we endured that went beyond just failing on the field.  A coach who mocks fans, then a GM and coach who hate each other and openly feud like infants.  Then a coach yes-man who was essentially a vessel for a GM who wanted to coach from the personnel office.... Multiple 2-14 records.  

Glory?  They won a playoff game.  Only champions get glory.  Smile

I like this team.  They're not weak willed.  They lack star power at spots, but they're grinders.  They come up huge at important moments.  

Let us not forget Justin Houston and the fact that he's a legitimate game-changing player who is allegedly more healthy than he's been all season...

Anyway, I think Reid and Dorsey will come as a package, probably re-signed after the playoffs.  We'll see.
(01-11-2017, 12:41 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 10:24 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:

Returned it to respectability.  

Which is awesome given the disaster of the Herm/Pioli eras.   The unmitigated embarrassing shit-show we endured that went beyond just failing on the field.  A coach who mocks fans, then a GM and coach who hate each other and openly feud like infants.  Then a coach yes-man who was essentially a vessel for a GM who wanted to coach from the personnel office.... Multiple 2-14 records.  

Glory?  They won a playoff game.  Only champions get glory.  Smile

I like this team.  They're not weak willed.  They lack star power at spots, but they're grinders.  They come up huge at important moments.  

Let us not forget Justin Houston and the fact that he's a legitimate game-changing player who is allegedly more healthy than he's been all season...

Anyway, I think Reid and Dorsey will come as a package, probably re-signed after the playoffs.  We'll see.

That playoff win last year was GLORIOUS.  I don't care. Smile