Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Dog Died Yesterday
It was kind of sudden - she was ill but we didn't realize how serious it was.

I am heartbroken.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
Sorry to hear that, CC23. :Sad

Your post on Facebook about her was great.
Thanks.  There was so much more I could have said about her.

Like how she followed me from room to room, always within two feet of me most of the time.

How she did not like the cat(s), mainly out of jealousy for the attention they got.

How she absolutely dominated a Rottweiler/Lab mix dog friends of ours had, to the point that she got to eat out of HIS food bowl first.

How her first reaction to getting groomed or a bath was to run out in the yard and get dirty again.  She hated being "clean".
A dog is a member of the family. It's always tough. Keep your head up and time is the biggest healer.
On anxiety meds trying to keep it together during the day.
I am so sorry for you loss.  Losing a pet is incredibly hard. I dread the day that my boy leaves me as he has gotten me through so much.  Sending hugs your way!
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!
The following is why there is a statue of Old Drum in front of the Johnson County Court house in Warrensburg and where the term 'Mans best friend' comes from.  George Vest was representing a dog (Old Drum) owner that had his dog shot by his neighbor. This was his closing argument and I think of it every time I hear of a dog passing that was so loved.

Gentlemen of the Jury: The best friend a man has in the world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us, may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads.

The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer. He will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings, and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens. 

If fortune drives the master forth, an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him, to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even in death. 

George Graham Vest - c. 1855

I am so sorry for your loss CC.
My name is Maximus Decimus Warthog, member of HomeoftheChiefs.com, former season ticket holder of the lower level , loyal servant to the true coach, Martimus Schottenheimer. Father to disenfranchised sons, husband to a non football fanatic wife, and I will see my Chiefs in a Super Bowl, in this life or the next.

[Image: whsig.jpg]
(01-05-2017, 09:26 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Thanks.  There was so much more I could have said about her.

Like how she followed me from room to room, always within two feet of me most of the time.

How she did not like the cat(s), mainly out of jealousy for the attention they got.

How she absolutely dominated a Rottweiler/Lab mix dog friends of ours had, to the point that she got to eat out of HIS food bowl first.

How her first reaction to getting groomed or a bath was to run out in the yard and get dirty again.  She hated being "clean".

She sounds like an AWESOME dog.  I'm so sorry for your loss--losing a dog is awful--but I'm glad you have so many happy memories.  As time goes on you won't lose those at all.
[Image: nolasig.gif]
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah, yeah.
Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.
I saw your posts on Facebook.  Im so sorry but I dont have the wordsw.  I have felt the same as you the times wee lost a family member.  I feel your pain
[Image: HG.gif]
(01-05-2017, 11:13 AM)warthog Wrote: The following is why there is a statue of Old Drum in front of the Johnson County Court house in Warrensburg and where the term 'Mans best friend' comes from.  George Vest was representing a dog (Old Drum) owner that had his dog shot by his neighbor. This was his closing argument and I think of it every time I hear of a dog passing that was so loved.

Gentlemen of the Jury: The best friend a man has in the world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us, may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads.

The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer. He will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings, and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens. 

If fortune drives the master forth, an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him, to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even in death. 

George Graham Vest - c. 1855

I am so sorry for your loss CC.

Fantastic quote.  And glad it is in Missouri.