Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Coaching Vacanies
6 NFL teams will have new head coaches, so far, including 2 AFC West teams (Chargers, Broncos). Going to be a lot of rumors about familiar names thrown around the league for these jobs, including Mike McCoy, Kurt Schottenheimer, Kyle Shannahan, Josh McDaniels, and possibly Todd Haley

Media people have tried to tie Chiefs director of football operations Chris Ballard to potential GM jobs, but he's supposedly turned down the opportunity to interview for the 49ers' GM job.
Matt Patricia, current DC for the Pats has been mentioned as a candidate for some HC job already.
For what it's worth, me, my friends, and random strangers around town all think Payton will be traded (likely to the Rams) this offseason.
(01-02-2017, 10:38 PM)NOLA Wrote: For what it's worth, me, my friends, and random strangers around town all think Payton will be traded (likely to the Rams) this offseason.
I think both need a fresh start. They should have done so much better
Chargers have requested to interview Dave toub for their HC position.
(01-03-2017, 10:27 AM)tyecopeland Wrote: Chargers have requested to interview Dave toub for their HC position.

So have the Broncos. Toub interviews with the Broncos Friday, Chargers on Sunday.

Losing Toub would be horrible. There hasn't been a better special teams coach in the league.

Also, there have been several head coaches with special teams backgrounds. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
I don't want to lose Toub.  That would suck as our ST is a strength of our team.
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!
(01-02-2017, 08:02 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: 6 NFL teams will have new head coaches, so far, including 2 AFC West teams (Chargers, Broncos). Going to be a lot of rumors about familiar names thrown around the league for these jobs, including Mike McCoy, Kurt Schottenheimer, Kyle Shannahan, Josh McDaniels, and possibly Todd Haley

Media people have tried to tie Chiefs director of football operations Chris Ballard to potential GM jobs, but he's supposedly turned down the opportunity to interview for the 49ers' GM job.

It's a huge rebuild job and the owner is a buffoon.  I don't blame him.  

I think if you're an aspiring GM, doing that in SF right now would be like becoming a first time head coach in Cleveland.  

Good luck with that.
Broncos hired someone I've never heard of, Vance Joseph. Sounds like he has 1 year of being a defensive coordinator under his belt with the dolphins this year.
(01-11-2017, 03:36 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: Broncos hired someone I've never heard of, Vance Joseph. Sounds like he has 1 year of being a defensive coordinator under his belt with the dolphins this year.

I am looking forward to calling him "Broseph" all next year, for funsies.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]