Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Ballard declines interview with 49ers
(01-07-2017, 08:11 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: Ok. So now it has come out that the Chiefs actually blocked him from interviewing for the position as they are allowed to do while in the playoffs. And that he was the 49ers "first, second, and third choice" for the job.

I think that's just PFT trying to say things in the most provocative way possible. It directly contradicts what Ian Rapoport tweeted at the time, that Ballard wouldn't have interviewed anywhere.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
From my understanding, Chris Ballard would not have interviewed anywhere this year. Loves KC & his situation https://twitter.com/serthhi/status/816080177096601600 …
6:41 PM - 2 Jan 2017
(01-07-2017, 08:17 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 08:11 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: Ok. So now it has come out that the Chiefs actually blocked him from interviewing for the position as they are allowed to do while in the playoffs. And that he was the 49ers "first, second, and third choice" for the job.

I think that's just PFT trying to say things in the most provocative way possible. It directly contradicts what Ian Rapoport tweeted at the time, that Ballard wouldn't have interviewed anywhere.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
From my understanding, Chris Ballard would not have interviewed anywhere this year. Loves KC & his situation https://twitter.com/serthhi/status/816080177096601600 …
6:41 PM - 2 Jan 2017
Maybe, maybe not. There had been reports that there was a meeting and then backtracked to a request had been made.
[Image: chiefs_jamaal_charles_sig_by_twisted_rea...34kkke.png]
Yeah, now that I've read a little more, I don't know who to believe. Doubt we'll every really get clarification either.
Ballard getting 2nd interview for open Colts gm position.
And he's been hired by the Colts. Hope he wasn't dorsey's secret to success.