Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFC DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF GAME - CHIEFS!
On a different note...

Mike Pereira, former NFL Vice President of Officiating, current Rules Analyst at FOX Sports, full-time jackass and just generally wrong person took to Twitter to be an apologist for bad officiating like always. No surprise there. However, he also took some shots at Travis Kelce, specifically taunting that the ref that made the call will be at SBLI and Kelce won't.

I was willing to let all this slide until I saw that shit, a wrinkled nobody that took a cushy job where he can be wrong 90% of the time and still be treated like an expert shittalking  to a man that could crumple him like an accordion if he said it to his face.

So, I dusted off my seldom used Twitter (giggity) and actually posted something for once.

https://twitter.com/dangadave1983/status...4895929345

@MikePereira the professional manner you handled @tkelce shows the most difficult qualification to be a ref is having a small enough dick.

Of course, no one read that since I have 5 followers and never Tweet.
(01-18-2017, 06:01 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:
(01-18-2017, 05:33 PM)BrooklynChiefsFan Wrote: funny, had we not choked against Tennessee and tampa, we'd probably have gotten the #1 seed and faced the Texans.

Yeah.

I said something very similar last year. The real thing stopping us from doing better was losing to Denver at home in week 2. I thought we'd have beat New England at home last year. Now that we got the #2 seed and crapped away a home game, I'm not sure if it ever was true about last year, but I'd have a hard time not seeing us beat the Texans at home.

Nah, NE always had the tie breaker against us. Even when we were temporarily tied in parts of the season they were ahead of us. Its because they only lost once to an AFC opponent (the bills), we had losses against the Texans and the Steelers, either way we were gonna at best the #2 seed unless we went 15-1. Feel free to correct me if im wrong but when we were tied with NE we were still #2 and when the Raiders were tied with them they were the #1
Im really over that loss to the Steelers now. Going threw every scenario for the first day or so i think either way you look at it we would of lost. Even if we got the 2 PT they probably would of driven down the field and gotten a late FG, and even if we were winning 24-18 they would of maybe of driven down for a late touchdown. Even if we had did a 2 minute drill drive we would of had a good chance of going 3 and out then Pits would of gotten the ball back and another fg make that 21-10, you see either way i think its just time to really move on lol. I think personally, it wasnt our time as hard as that was for me to accept. Thats just the reality and ive swallowed that pill. Rolleyes
(01-19-2017, 02:58 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 01:47 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 01:39 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 11:41 AM)NOLA Wrote: So we're just going to let Andy off the hook again?  Am I the only one who sees it?  Don't make me break out the "crazy pills" gif, people.

I didn't.  Read my reaction http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/th...#pid185277

Also over here I was more specific : http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/th...#pid185301

I mean, what else do you want?  It's only been a few days...

Meh.  You didn't hit on the clock management issue, which fucked us in the final minutes of a playoff game for the second-straight year.  I just want someone else to see it.

KC didn't lose because of clock management.   I wouldn't even put in tier B of why we lost.

Also, last year... what?  KC got a last minute garbage time touchdown that made it appear closer than it was.  What fucked us in both games is the offense being ineffective for 3 and a half quarters.  

Sorry man, I think you see it because you want to.  I mean, I'm not trying to defend his clock management because it's bad, but insofar as causing the past two playoff losses?  I don't see it.

The same thing that happend last year happend this year. The offense scored a touchdown to keep it close and the defense failed to get them off the field so they were able to run the clock out. I love our defense and i really blame our offense but that is a fact and i know our defense as competitors take accountablity for letting Edelmen and Antonio Brown make game ending catches. If this defense is suspose to be the real then they should of taken them off the field. They give up 19pts a game this season, thats not an all time great defense (which i thought we had a chance to be) thats just the ultimate reality, we wernt ready and we arent there yet, the Donkeys took care of business on defense last year we did not.
And to top it all off I just read an article by Adam Teicher seemingly advocating for Tony Romo, Tony Romo!!!, to be a Chief. Tony Romo!!!   Gag on that I just did
(01-20-2017, 06:08 PM)Razorchief Wrote: And to top it all off I just read an article by Adam Teicher seemingly advocating for Tony Romo, Tony Romo!!!, to be a Chief. Tony Romo!!!   Gag on that I just did

The 80 snaps he'd play wouldn't be worth whatever he's paid.
(01-20-2017, 02:47 AM)KCChiefs1986 Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 02:58 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 01:47 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 01:39 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 11:41 AM)NOLA Wrote: So we're just going to let Andy off the hook again?  Am I the only one who sees it?  Don't make me break out the "crazy pills" gif, people.

I didn't.  Read my reaction http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/th...#pid185277

Also over here I was more specific : http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/th...#pid185301

I mean, what else do you want?  It's only been a few days...

Meh.  You didn't hit on the clock management issue, which fucked us in the final minutes of a playoff game for the second-straight year.  I just want someone else to see it.

KC didn't lose because of clock management.   I wouldn't even put in tier B of why we lost.

Also, last year... what?  KC got a last minute garbage time touchdown that made it appear closer than it was.  What fucked us in both games is the offense being ineffective for 3 and a half quarters.  

Sorry man, I think you see it because you want to.  I mean, I'm not trying to defend his clock management because it's bad, but insofar as causing the past two playoff losses?  I don't see it.

The same thing that happend last year happend this year. The offense scored a touchdown to keep it close and the defense failed to get them off the field so they were able to run the clock out. I love our defense and i really blame our offense but that is a fact and i know our defense as competitors take accountablity for letting Edelmen and Antonio Brown make game ending catches. If this defense is suspose to be the real then they should of taken them off the field. They give up 19pts a game this season, thats not an all time great defense (which i thought we had a chance to be) thats just the ultimate reality, we wernt ready and we arent there yet, the Donkeys took care of business on defense last year we did not.

19 points a game is very good.  It's not all time great, but it's very good, which is why KC ranked 7th in fewest points allowed.  If your team allows less than 20 points per game, your D is doing a solid job.  

Now KC had a terrible run defense and gave up gobs of yards all season long.  It needs improvement.  

However no... the entire point is that while some people are merely looking at what happened in these tiny windows, I'm talking about problems that persist throughout games.  Developed patterns.  Reoccurring issues.  

The offense was bottom 5 in MOST statistical categories, and 49% of KC's points were scored by special teams or the defense.  This needs corrected.  I think this offense has a lot of talent right now, and I put the blame on Andy Reid and Alex Smith.  Also, Brad Childress.  I mean, fuck that guy.  What happened in this game is too typical of the KC offense.  Our starting QB threw 15 TD passes.  That's not even particularly impressive in 1981, let alone 2016.