Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFC DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF GAME - CHIEFS!
The last line I saw had the chiefs -1.5
Yeah, from what I saw the line started on the Steelers, but the early money (what people would call smart money) is on the Chiefs. Pretty even, though. This is basically a pick 'em game.

One thing about it, Vegas does not try to predict games. They try to get an even amount of betting on both sides because if every game is bet on 50% both ways, Vegas automatically wins. Everything has to do with public perception, but public perception tends to be pretty accurate.

If it feels like the national media is all over the Steelers, that doesn't seem to be the public sentiment, at least among the betting public.
Good.  I'd rather keep it that way
[Image: HG.gif]
When the Chiefs beat the Steelers, they will then have zero chance in the AFC Championship Game.

When the Chiefs beat New England, they'll get killed in the Super Bowl.

When they win the Super Bowl, they were just lucky.

Meh.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
Steeelers opened at 1 1/2 favorites, it has since flipped to the Chiefs.
KC under a ice storm warning. Anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 inches of ice is possible.

Tickets on StubHub is going for $30.
I would think "ice storm" would favor KC. Steelers have a pretty quick offense. Slowing them down sounds like a plus.

Also, I look forward to ice storm pics from everyone here going to the game.

Sent from my Batphone... because I'm Batman!
(01-12-2017, 09:57 PM)NOLA Wrote: I would think "ice storm" would favor KC. Steelers have a pretty quick offense. Slowing them down sounds like a plus.

Also, I look forward to ice storm pics from everyone here going to the game.

Sent from my Batphone... because I'm Batman!

I would think so too, but Pittsburgh does have a good running game with Bell.

I worry that it will favor Pittsburgh more than it would to KC, since our run defense has been suspect at best.
(01-12-2017, 09:56 PM)Coach Wrote: KC under a ice storm warning. Anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 inches of ice is possible.

Tickets on StubHub is going for $30.

I was mightily tempted for this game but I can't drive half the way in ice.  That'd be ridiculous.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
Okay.  Ice may have an impact on attendance but the one thing it will not affect is the field.  There is a brand new heating system uder that field and it will keep the ground temp at 55 degrees.  So Ice will have no impact.  However accumulating on the players is another matter.  We have made the decision. we are not going to tailgate.  We will be there but we will go in early to the Draft Room.  Which is a catered/bar area that is as big as a night club.  A bazillion TVS and lotso food and beverages.  This is where we will spend out morning.  When the pregame starts we will be in our seats.  I might take some time to get there.  But "OH YES"  We will be there.
[Image: HG.gif]