Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Chiefs @ Chargers Game 16
Let's sweep the entire AFC West this year, shall we?
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
We are at 10 wins in a row in the division. Tied for the NFL record or lead.   (I forget)  but just looking at this year we are 5 and 0.  That is rare and 6 and 0 is even harder.  And while we are in, Chargers got embarrassed this week
[Image: HG.gif]
Just as I said that Denver likely blames Oakland for their season turning south and should be highly motivated to beat them, the same is true with San Diego and us. We ruined the start of their season with the single greatest comeback in team history. We really shook their confidence early.

I don't know if the Chargers losing to the Browns last week helps or hurts our cause. Maybe they're ready to phone it in. Maybe it's extra motivation.

We need to score early and get a lead. We do that and their guys will be planning fishing trips on the sidelines instead of their next series. The longer they're in it, the more they'll want to play spoiler instead of accepting their fate as second class citizens.
[Image: d702u.png]
signature by bone
Can we all just agree that SD losing to Cleveland was really fucking funny?

KC should beat SD, because their coach is an embarrassing clown.

I'm not saying Rivers is a HOF QB, but he's a damn good QB and losing this much with a QB that good requires some BAD coaching in the modern NFL.  

I cannot believe he lasted 4 years.  Every SD fan I know wanted him fired last season.

Anyway, I'm voting for Cleveland demoralizing SD.  SD's team morale is already horrible, and the current browns team is probably less talented than the expansion team from their relaunch.
I am debating on whether I want to drive the 8 hours down to San Diego to watch this game.  Maybe after the loss to the Browns the prices will drop!
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!
(12-27-2016, 12:06 AM)mabbott Wrote: I am debating on whether I want to drive the 8 hours down to San Diego to watch this game.  Maybe after the loss to the Browns the prices will drop!

[Image: tumblr_nxczvmOQ661uelehno1_400.gif]
[Image: nolasig.gif]
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah, yeah.
Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.
Houston is OUT for Sunday; Ware is Questionable.
(12-30-2016, 03:33 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Houston is OUT for Sunday; Ware is Questionable.

This is part of why I want a bye game so bad, an extra week to get healthy and avoid injury. Besides beating 1 playoff team at home is easier than beating 2 playoff teams on the road to get the the AFC Championship game.

We need to beat us some Chargers, hold up our end of the bargain.
signature by bone
So, Keenan Allen has been trying to beef with Marcus Peters all week on Twitter, getting all Uncle Rico nostalgic over what might have been, but has been mostly ignored by Peters. Excellent!

This does remind me of something. If someone wants to tell me the Chargers might have won that first game if Allen stayed healthy, that's fine. But I've been hearing way too many people propose and accept the premise the Bolts definitely would have won if Allen were healthy.

Allen had 6 catches for 63 yards in the first half, plus a couple penalties (one should have been offsetting due to offensive pass interference, but that happens in the NFL). However, 5 of his 6 catches were slants. You can't live on slants all day, because if someone jumps the route it's going to be a pick 6 more often than not.

The Chiefs already had their greatest comeback ever without the aid of a single turnover. It may have made the turnaround quicker if trying to force the ball to Allen led to a pick. Also, this is the same Chiefs team that about a month later allowed over 100 yards the first half to Amari Cooper, then shut him down to 1 catch on several targets in the second half.

\I'm not saying the Chiefs definitely would have won, but it's goofy to automatically assume the Chargers would have. If Chargers fans, all 230 of them, want to live in that alternate reality, let them. The Chiefs have more important things to worry about, like the playoffs.
signature by bone
Woulda coulda shoulda won?

Whatever.

The Chiefs won.  Suck it, San Diego.