Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Other NFL Games
(10-16-2016, 06:39 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: Sherman gets away with so much contact that no other dB gets. Rediculous

That's what I like to call the Michael Jordan effect. When you're a big name player, you tend to get calls your way. If Peters keeps this up, he'll start getting similar non-calls, but yes it was ridiculous.
After watching most of this Sunday Night football game, it begs the question, how in the Hell did we lose to the Texans?  I mean the Colts suck and are still beating them there.
(10-16-2016, 09:10 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:
(10-16-2016, 06:39 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: Sherman gets away with so much contact that no other dB gets. Rediculous

That's what I like to call the Michael Jordan effect. When you're a big name player, you tend to get calls your way. If Peters keeps this up, he'll start getting similar non-calls, but yes it was ridiculous.

Also a good example is baseball.  The home plate umpire in baseball routinely gives the benefit of the doubt to the better hitters.  I think this is mostly sub consciously.  They just assume that if a great hitter takes a pitch it must be a ball.  It happens with Miquel Cabrerra all the time.
Which team do I silently root for? If we end up as a wild card I'd rather face the Texans in the playoffs so that would mean rooting for the raiders. But if the Texans win we get out back into the division lead, albeit behind the texans in seeding.
I fervently hope the Raiders lose. This in no way means I want Texans to win, just for the Raiders to lose. A slight philosophical difference.
The officials helped the Raiders that game.  And the Coach for the Texas should have challenged the last third down spot not the fourth down spot.
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!
Sadly the Broncos are still in the playoffs as it stands now. If the Ravens win tomorrow night then they will kick the donkeys out and elevate us to #1.
This Packer-Seahawks game turned out to be a real dud, but it was fun watching the Broncos lose today though.  Thought for sure that the Donkeys were going to come back to win, and they would have if not for the stripped ball.  Enough rooting for the Titans, they are now the enemy.
(12-11-2016, 04:40 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: Sadly the Broncos are still in the playoffs as it stands now. If the Ravens win tomorrow night then they will kick the donkeys out and elevate us to #1.
Guess I had bad info. Ravens win would push the broncos out but we will be #2 regardless.
I was busy all day and just caught the scores.

BWAH HA HA HA!  The entire AFC West lost but us.

SWEET.

Don't care about Pats/Ravens. I think the #2 seed we're at is just fine.  Broncos in the playoffs is just fine too.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]