Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Chargers, Rams, Raiders file to move to LA
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-...story.html

All three won't go there, obviously.

Logical move is Chargers & Rams move to LA, Raiders either stay in Oakland or go to another city like San Antonio, IMO.

Or hell, move the Raiders to St. Louis and make the Governor's Cup mean something.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
This is so dumb and I cannot wait for it to be over.

BASEketball was prescient.

[Image: nolasig.gif]
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah, yeah.
Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.
I totally disagree with CHick here.  This is the way I see it.  I say put both Raiders and Chargers in LA.  Leave St Louis alone.  

Now this is good for a couple reasons but lest get the set up out of the way  with both teams there you cannot have both teams in the AFC West.

1:  You cannot disrupt the Chiefs/Raiders?Broncos rivalries.  No one really care about the Chargers.  

2:  Chargers are out of the AFC West and into the NFC West

3:  Team to come to the AFC West is The Rams.  This will mean a new rivalry will be created with the Chiefs and Rams crossing the state twice a year.  This would be good for both St Louis and KC and Missouri in general.  You cant tell me that fans will not drive back and forth for these games.    This is the idea that sounds the best to me.  I could be wrong but sonce Im not used to being wrong I am unsure how to feel about that.
[Image: HG.gif]
(01-05-2016, 02:27 PM)HG Wrote: I totally disagree with CHick here.  This is the way I see it.  I say put both Raiders and Chargers in LA.  Leave St Louis alone.  

Now this is good for a couple reasons but lest get the set up out of the way  with both teams there you cannot have both teams in the AFC West.

1:  You cannot disrupt the Chiefs/Raiders?Broncos rivalries.  No one really care about the Chargers.  

3:  Team to come to the AFC West is The Rams.  This will mean a new rivalry will be created with the Chiefs and Rams crossing the state twice a year.  This would be good for both St Louis and KC and Missouri in general.  You cant tell me that fans will not drive back and forth for these games.    This is the idea that sounds the best to me.  I could be wrong but sonce Im not used to being wrong I am unsure how to feel about that.

It's not what I want to happen, it's what I think will happen.

Rams will move to LA or they will be sold.  What's-his-face, their owner (I don't care enough about him to know) has invested too much money in LA for that to happen.  As of right now I am unaware of any movement for new ownership for the Rams, and I don't think he wants to sell anyway.

The Rams are going back to LA.

The Chargers are going to LA also.

So that leaves Oakland the odd man out.  They stay put, they move somewhere else, dunno, but it won't be LA.

And HOW DARE YOU break up the AFC West. It was the AFL West first.  Blasphemy!
(01-05-2016, 02:27 PM)HG Wrote: I totally disagree with CHick here.  This is the way I see it.  I say put both Raiders and Chargers in LA.  Leave St Louis alone.  

[Image: 50435627.jpg]
[Image: nolasig.gif]
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah, yeah.
Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.
Also, I want the Rams out of the state. I want the state of Missouri to be almost exclusively Chiefs territory.
The nfl owners are not leaving stadium money on the table. I give the rams virtually no chance at LA. I think they could still leave for London but I don't the nfl is quite ready for a team overseas despite Goodell's desire.
[Image: chiefs_jamaal_charles_sig_by_twisted_rea...34kkke.png]
(01-05-2016, 02:59 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: Also, I want the Rams out of the state. I want the state of Missouri to be almost exclusively Chiefs territory.

This!  I want no team in Missouri.  Chiefs already rule the state, but I want it all our own.  

Worse case scenario, the Raiders moving to St. Louis.  I would vomit the first time I saw Raiders merchandise in a Columbia Wal Mart.  I could not stand having that vermin living so close to where I live.  No, no, NO!

Most likely result, like HG said, the Raiders and Chargers move to LA, Chargers go to NFC West, Rams to AFC West.  This will happen because from what I've heard, no owner will vote for the Rams to move.  That's a done deal.
My name is Maximus Decimus Warthog, member of HomeoftheChiefs.com, former season ticket holder of the lower level , loyal servant to the true coach, Martimus Schottenheimer. Father to disenfranchised sons, husband to a non football fanatic wife, and I will see my Chiefs in a Super Bowl, in this life or the next.

[Image: whsig.jpg]
Kroenke seems hell bent on building his stadium regardless of what the NFL says. Probably means they're heading back to LA.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo...l-approval
[Image: MHT-banner-3-v3.jpg]
(01-05-2016, 10:37 PM)Walker Boh Wrote: Kroenke seems hell bent on building his stadium regardless of what the NFL says. Probably means they're heading back to LA.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo...l-approval

Yep. The Rams are leaving no matter what people in STL do.  And the dude is hell-bent on bringing the Rams back to LA.

I'm telling ya' - the Raiders are going to end up in San Antonio.  Which is only about 4  hours from me (like the drive to KC-STL)... so maybe I can go watch a Chiefs game there once in a while...