Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Chargers, Rams, Raiders file to move to LA
How Dare they!  The hated Raiders invading the place of my birth?!   Nay I say NAY!
[Image: HG.gif]
(01-06-2016, 08:54 AM)HG Wrote: How Dare they!  The hated Raiders invading the place of my birth?!   Nay I say NAY!

If they do - make a road trip and we'll go to the game together. Wink
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
Looks like they are leaning towards moving the Rams and Chargers to LA, picking Inglewood as the stadium site, and the Raiders could share the Santa Clara stadium with the 49ers.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-...story.html
My name is Maximus Decimus Warthog, member of HomeoftheChiefs.com, former season ticket holder of the lower level , loyal servant to the true coach, Martimus Schottenheimer. Father to disenfranchised sons, husband to a non football fanatic wife, and I will see my Chiefs in a Super Bowl, in this life or the next.

[Image: whsig.jpg]
According to the NFL, none of the proposals from the current homes for the Rams, Raiders, or Chargers are adequate. They said it in fairly harsh terms too.

I almost don't care what happens so long as the Rams leave so I'm not on the hook as a taxpayer and the Chiefs have Missouri to themselves. The Rams and the NFL agreed that STL just can't support 3 major sports teams. That tells me a new STL team won't be in the works any time soon.
[Image: d702u.png]
signature by bone
Maybe the Chiefs could play a preseason game in that crappy dome in St. Louis once a year.
My name is Maximus Decimus Warthog, member of HomeoftheChiefs.com, former season ticket holder of the lower level , loyal servant to the true coach, Martimus Schottenheimer. Father to disenfranchised sons, husband to a non football fanatic wife, and I will see my Chiefs in a Super Bowl, in this life or the next.

(01-11-2016, 10:11 PM)warthog Wrote: Maybe the Chiefs could play a preseason game in that crappy dome in St. Louis once a year.

If it means I get to buy one less meaningless preseason game, I'm all for it.

Seriously, about the only thing I like about going to preseason games is the tailgating. Sometimes the weather is good if it isn't too hot or rainy.
signature by bone
Davis has said its either Oakland with a new stadium is LA.  No other city is in consideration
(01-12-2016, 12:07 PM)HG Wrote: Davis has said its either Oakland with a new stadium is LA.  No other city is in consideration

Of course he'd say that while LA is still in play. He wants LA. He isn't going to get it though. I'm pretty sure the league wants Chargers / Rams in LA. Will be interesting to see if he changes his mind after he misses out.

BTW, weren't the Chargers originally an LA team at one point in their infancy? A quick search reveals they were for about a year. Guess it's a homecoming either way.
signature by bone
All all three teams in consideration to move to LA have played in LA at some point.

Yeah the Chargers stared out in LA in 1960.  And Al Davis was an assistant backfield coach