Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STARWARS - SPOILER THREAD
(12-22-2015, 08:20 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 09:57 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 06:15 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(12-20-2015, 05:43 PM)NOLA Wrote: Finn is easily my favorite Star Wars character ever. Bar none. "I'm a Stormtrooper? Fuck this!"

I'm mad because Luke was always my favorite character and I was so disappointed we didn't get more. Rey is his daughter, right?

Sent from my Batphone... because I'm Batman!

Has to be.  And I don't need any over-explained convoluted tale of who her mom is, either.

IMO, "your mom took you and abandoned you on Jakku and then I had to do this force stuff and it was too dangerous to come get you" is plenty explanation for me, even if it makes Luke somewhat of a jerk.

They did VERY good with that.  

At no point did they go on any obnoxious expositional monologue relaying the minutia of what has happened since RotJ.  They did a great job of telling/showing you what you need to know within the context of the story.  They keep the story focused on now rather than the past.  I'm confident they'll handle her backstory the same way.

Lawrence Kasdan knows how to write Star Wars, that's for sure.

It's ok to leave things unexplained, or barely explained.

Otherwise you get Metachlorians (sp?)
(12-22-2015, 09:07 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 06:15 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(12-20-2015, 05:43 PM)NOLA Wrote: Finn is easily my favorite Star Wars character ever. Bar none. "I'm a Stormtrooper? Fuck this!"

I'm mad because Luke was always my favorite character and I was so disappointed we didn't get more. Rey is his daughter, right?

Sent from my Batphone... because I'm Batman!

Has to be.  And I don't need any over-explained convoluted tale of who her mom is, either.

IMO, "your mom took you and abandoned you on Jakku and then I had to do this force stuff and it was too dangerous to come get you" is plenty explanation for me, even if it makes Luke somewhat of a jerk.

At no point did they go on any obnoxious expositional monologue relaying the minutia of what has happened since RotJ.  They did a great job of telling/showing you what you need to know within the context of the story.  They keep the story focused on now rather than the past.  I'm confident they'll handle her backstory the same way.

I think one of the things I loved about the new movie--other than that it was paced well and worked as just fun popcorn fodder, which is not a bad thing at all--is that it ignored the prequels entirely.  All the over explaining and shooting-himself-in-the-foot Lucas did was ignored.  We got a new trio of characters--Kylo Ren/Ben Solo, Rey (hooray!), and Finn (double-hooray)--and arguably a fourth if Poe is an actual person (his weird disappearance for most of the movie doesn't seem like a mystery so much as lazy writing).  And we got to see some Han Solo badassness before he went out, which was fine/great.  My only complaint was the lack of Luke, and it looks like they're really setting him up for the next couple of movies, so great.

Anyway, midi-chlorians (looked it up!) are stupid.  Good point.  Also, this was a fun movie.  Warthog gets really annoyed how much I dog Star Wars, so I'm hoping he's seen this one and enjoyed it.
I really liked it.  The only issue i had was with the death star v3.   I mean.  Did we have to do this agaiin?  That whole scene was underwhelming for me bcause we have already seen it done.   Twice
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
(12-22-2015, 10:01 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: I really liked it.  The only issue i had was with the death star v3.   I mean.  Did we have to do this agaiin?  That whole scene was underwhelming for me bcause we have already seen it done.   Twice

Also, the economics behind Death Stars are nonsensical.  And certainly the first two didn't work out.  Get it together Empire First Order.
(12-22-2015, 10:31 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(12-22-2015, 10:01 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: I really liked it.  The only issue i had was with the death star v3.   I mean.  Did we have to do this agaiin?  That whole scene was underwhelming for me bcause we have already seen it done.   Twice

Also, the economics behind Death Stars are nonsensical.  And certainly the first two didn't work out.  Get it together Empire First Order.

If they build another one of those things, it just goes to show that they deserve to get their asses handed to them.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(12-22-2015, 10:31 AM)NOLA Wrote:

The estimated economic cost of losing 2 death stars was like 4.4 Quadrillion dollars or something.
(12-22-2015, 09:20 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 06:15 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Has to be.  And I don't need any over-explained convoluted tale of who her mom is, either.

I think one of the things I loved about the new movie--other than that it was paced well and worked as just fun popcorn fodder, which is not a bad thing at all--is that it ignored the prequels entirely.  All the over explaining and shooting-himself-in-the-foot Lucas did was ignored.  We got a new trio of characters--Kylo Ren/Ben Solo, Rey (hooray!), and Finn (double-hooray)--and arguably a fourth if Poe is an actual person (his weird disappearance for most of the movie doesn't seem like a mystery so much as lazy writing).  And we got to see some Han Solo badassness before he went out, which was fine/great.  My only complaint was the lack of Luke, and it looks like they're really setting him up for the next couple of movies, so great.

Anyway, midi-chlorians (looked it up!) are stupid.  Good point.  Also, this was a fun movie.  Warthog gets really annoyed how much I dog Star Wars, so I'm hoping he's seen this one and enjoyed it.

Yesterday I read that he was supposed to die in the opening scene, but they rewrote it because Abrams liked the actor he found for the role.
(12-22-2015, 11:41 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 09:57 PM)The_Jonas Wrote: They did VERY good with that.  

Yesterday I read that he was supposed to die in the opening scene, but they rewrote it because Abrams liked the actor he found for the role.

I'm pretty glad they didn't kill off Poe. He's not in the film much, but he's a very rememberable actor when he IS. It gives the film a little more flavor and dimension.
Finn totally rocks. Dude is hilarious, and he keeps ending up being a hero, even though sometimes he really doesn't want to be one.
Rey is TOTALLY Luke's daughter. I wonder how they explain that one. She's more powerful than Kylo, and the Skywalker saber called out to her, so I have little doubt who she is.

They did an AWESOME job with the new characters, which is what makes or breaks the film, IMO.
[Image: BjYgdYO.png]
(12-22-2015, 11:41 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 09:57 PM)The_Jonas Wrote: They did VERY good with that.  

You mean Poe was supposed to die in the opening scene? Or Finn?
Some super nerd some where estimated that it would cost 80 quadrillion dollars and 8,000 years to build the first death star
[Image: HG.gif]