Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STARWARS - SPOILER THREAD
(12-20-2015, 04:03 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Top 3?  Top 2.  It's one notch below "Empire", IMO.

That was my initial thought too, but I thought I'd rewatch it and maybe RotJ again before I make that judgement. In fact, the Force Awakens clearly follows most of the path of RotJ, especially the end.
(12-20-2015, 05:43 PM)NOLA Wrote: Finn is easily my favorite Star Wars character ever. Bar none. "I'm a Stormtrooper? Fuck this!"

I'm mad because Luke was always my favorite character and I was so disappointed we didn't get more. Rey is his daughter, right?

Sent from my Batphone... because I'm Batman!

I don't think Jacen is a very likable character where he's at right now, but I really love the character. I don't like him one bit, but he makes an awesome villain.
Went and saw TFA on Thursday night. Second favorite Star Wars after ESB. Loved it all. Kylo's voice modulator gets stuck in your head long after watching. I can still hear it in my head.
You can tell they recruited someone from the old films, (Lawrence Kasdan), because the old feel, humor and sarcasm are back, and feel natural, not forced or faked.
[Image: BjYgdYO.png]
Good movie.  Nothing was a huge surprise, but it was great how details were so effectively kept under wraps.  

Fun movie.  Fin is great.  Many questions left to be answered.  Very awesome.  Left me totally pumped for Episode VIII
(12-21-2015, 12:50 AM)F-Rott Wrote: Went and saw TFA on Thursday night. Second favorite Star Wars after ESB. Loved it all. Kylo's voice modulator gets stuck in your head long after watching. I can still hear it in my head.
You can tell they recruited someone from the old films, (Lawrence Kasdan), because the old feel, humor and sarcasm are back, and feel natural, not forced or faked.

I see what you did there.
Enjoyed it. Thought it was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 9to83k.png]
(12-20-2015, 07:37 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:
(12-20-2015, 04:03 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Top 3?  Top 2.  It's one notch below "Empire", IMO.

That was my initial thought too, but I thought I'd rewatch it and maybe RotJ again before I make that judgement. In fact, the Force Awakens clearly follows most of the path of RotJ, especially the end.

Just watched "ROTJ" over the weekend.  The Force Awakens is better.

No kiddie pandering and no bad, ham-fisted humor in the latter.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(12-20-2015, 05:43 PM)NOLA Wrote: Finn is easily my favorite Star Wars character ever. Bar none. "I'm a Stormtrooper? Fuck this!"

I'm mad because Luke was always my favorite character and I was so disappointed we didn't get more. Rey is his daughter, right?

Has to be.  And I don't need any over-explained convoluted tale of who her mom is, either.

IMO, "your mom took you and abandoned you on Jakku and then I had to do this force stuff and it was too dangerous to come get you" is plenty explanation for me, even if it makes Luke somewhat of a jerk.
(12-21-2015, 06:15 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:

Has to be.  And I don't need any over-explained convoluted tale of who her mom is, either.

IMO, "your mom took you and abandoned you on Jakku and then I had to do this force stuff and it was too dangerous to come get you" is plenty explanation for me, even if it makes Luke somewhat of a jerk.

They did VERY good with that.  

At no point did they go on any obnoxious expositional monologue relaying the minutia of what has happened since RotJ.  They did a great job of telling/showing you what you need to know within the context of the story.  They keep the story focused on now rather than the past.  I'm confident they'll handle her backstory the same way.
(12-21-2015, 09:57 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 06:15 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:

They did VERY good with that.  

At no point did they go on any obnoxious expositional monologue relaying the minutia of what has happened since RotJ.  They did a great job of telling/showing you what you need to know within the context of the story.  They keep the story focused on now rather than the past.  I'm confident they'll handle her backstory the same way.

Lawrence Kasdan knows how to write Star Wars, that's for sure.

It's ok to leave things unexplained, or barely explained.