Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV discussion
So... I just binged watched the first 2 seasons of The Wire. I like it a lot. Top 10 show for me.

A lot of my favorite shows have ended. Anyone watching anything good that I might like?
DallasChief, post: 173938, member: 2 Wrote:So... I just binged watched the first 2 seasons of The Wire. I like it a lot. Top 10 show for me.

A lot of my favorite shows have ended. Anyone watching anything good that I might like?
I'm not sure if I'm watching anything good at all these days, but, assuming you don't need me to tell you about comic book stuff...

As far as comedies, I'm still watching Community (now on Yahoo!), and Brooklyn Nine Nine is pretty good. New Girl is a show that is still on television. On cable, I watch Episodes (coming back), a lot of the stuff on Comedy Central (Daily Show, @midnight, Key & Peele, Drunk Histoy, Review), Archer (danger zone!)... I think that's what I got for comedies. Enlisted was great, but also got cancelled. It's worth checking out on Hulu or wherever it lives now, though.

As for dramas, I'm scraping the barrel. I still watch The Walking Dead, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It's a completely pointless show. I'm looking forward to the new True Detective. I didn't watch Fargo, and I don't really watch any of the dramas on FX (Justified, Sons of Anarchy, American Horror Story, etc.), so I can't speak to any of those. On Netflix, I think Orange is the New Black is pretty great.

I'm also interested to hear if anyone knows any good TV shows.
I loved True Detective.

Sons of Anarchy was a guilty pleasure of mine. The writing was suspect, the acting was kind of shitty but I tuned in every week. The music on SoA was great too.

I still watch Walking Dead but don't look forward to new episodes like I used to.

I thought the last seasons of The Newsroom and Boardwalk Empire were great.

Tried watching Orange is the New Black and House of Cards but couldn't really get into either one. I think I watched 4 episodes of each.

I love history stuff so I liked Turn on AMC. But my wife wasn't that into it.

I think Game of Thrones is the only thing I can't really wait to see each week. Might be my favorite show of all time.
DC, glad to see someone else digging on the Wire. Great show.

So long as you don't care about historical accuracy Marco Polo on Netflix seems interesting. I'm only a couple episodes in though.

For comedies, I always recommend Trailer Park Boys and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia if you haven't seen them.
Scorpion is a pretty good show. New show starts tonight called Agent Carter. Flash has been decent, and Agents of Shield got a whole lot better. Celebrity Apprentice is back. But if you like a series that goes back with lots of episodes The wife and I love Supernatural. Also the Battlestar Gallactica remake was good. And then there is always Firefly
[Image: HG.gif]
asskickingboots, post: 173942, member: 71 Wrote:DC, glad to see someone else digging on the Wire. Great show.

So long as you don't care about historical accuracy Marco Polo on Netflix seems interesting. I'm only a couple episodes in though.

For comedies, I always recommend Trailer Park Boys and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia if you haven't seen them.
I was reppin' tpb a couple years ago. Great show. The newer stuff isn't that great, but the older stuff is comedy gold.
[Image: 9to83k.png]
Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead are my two favorites by far. On Netflix I like catching up on The League (great show about guys, and a girl, in a fantasy football league, very funny and raunchy show. Also Raising Hope and Park and Recreation (best ensemble cast on TV).
It's funny watching the 3rd season of The Wire and seeing Tyreese from Walking Dead as an ex-con selling drugs and Lord Baelish as a city councilman of Baltimore.
i'm addicted to Shark Tank.
[Image: fmksup.gif]
sig by yours truly

Catching up on the last few seasons of "Sons of Anarchy".

Have you guys ever checked out my guilty pleasure show?

Yep, I watch "Revenge". It's a soap on steroids, and I love it so.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]