Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV discussion
Hated it? Man, I don't understand that all.
DallasChief, post: 174834, member: 2 Wrote:Hated it? Man, I don't understand that all.
I know. I thought it was great. I loved the running Castaway joke, too.

[media=youtube]QLrR7cq8Ll4[/media]
[Image: nolasig.gif]
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah, yeah.
Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.
Last Man on Earth is interesting, but I can't see how it can hold anyones interest for a series of shows. Seems like you could have got the whole story in in 2 hour movie. I am interested in what happens next week, seems that our man has a decision to make. To me, being the last man on Earth, it would be much of a decision, someone prettier comes along, I'm gone. Or at least we would be practicing polygamy.
My name is Maximus Decimus Warthog, member of HomeoftheChiefs.com, former season ticket holder of the lower level , loyal servant to the true coach, Martimus Schottenheimer. Father to disenfranchised sons, husband to a non football fanatic wife, and I will see my Chiefs in a Super Bowl, in this life or the next.

[Image: whsig.jpg]
"Phil, you were a real scrub today. And how do I feel about scrubs?"

"Don't want no?"

:jester:
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
NOLA, post: 174942, member: 22 Wrote:"Phil, you were a real scrub today. And how do I feel about scrubs?"

"Don't want no?"

:jester:

Fucking great.
NOLA, post: 174837, member: 22 Wrote:I know. I thought it was great. I loved the running Castaway joke, too.

[media=youtube]QLrR7cq8Ll4[/media]
Seems to me this would grow old as a concept rather quickly.....
[Image: MHT-banner-3-v3.jpg]
Walker Boh, post: 174947, member: 9 Wrote:Seems to me this would grow old as a concept rather quickly.....
You haven't watched any of it, have you?
NOLA, post: 174948, member: 22 Wrote:You haven't watched any of it, have you?
Not yet, but I'm now wanting to check it out.
[Image: MHT-banner-3-v3.jpg]
Walker Boh, post: 174951, member: 9 Wrote:Not yet, but I'm now wanting to check it out.
It's pretty great. It's much more about an exploration of a grown man's arrested maturity and fears of settling down than it is any sort of existential commentary on being alone (though that is one important aspect of it). Each of the first three episodes have been sort of unique and self-contained look at various parts of this guy's dysfunctions, actually.

Also, I relate a lot to this guy. Confusedigh:
They have all the episodes on Hulu Plus.
My name is Maximus Decimus Warthog, member of HomeoftheChiefs.com, former season ticket holder of the lower level , loyal servant to the true coach, Martimus Schottenheimer. Father to disenfranchised sons, husband to a non football fanatic wife, and I will see my Chiefs in a Super Bowl, in this life or the next.

[Image: whsig.jpg]