Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comic Book TV Shows and Movies - All The Things!
Chi-town_Chief, post: 165260, member: 346 Wrote:Whoa. I admit I know nothing about those two. But WTF?!!
Chi-town_Chief, post: 165262, member: 346 Wrote:Also. I just saw that is from the ultimate line. Not main canon.
It was always heavily implied in the main Marvel Universe, and yes that's from the Ultimates. But so is pretty much everything else about the MCU Avengers.

I'm blown away that you're a comic book fan and never heard any of this. There was a whole storyline about Pietro getting mad jealous when Wanda started hooking up with the Vision, and that WAS "main canon" (which, BTW, is a ridiculous concept b/c things get retconned constantly).
[Image: nolasig.gif]
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah, yeah.
Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.
NOLA, post: 165263, member: 22 Wrote:It was always heavily implied in the main Marvel Universe, and yes that's from the Ultimates. But so is pretty much everything else about the MCU Avengers.

I'm blown away that you're a comic book fan and never heard any of this. There was a whole storyline about Pietro getting mad jealous when Wanda started hooking up with the Vision, and that WAS "main canon" (which, BTW, is a ridiculous concept b/c things get retconned constantly).

I never really followed Xmen and the avengers that closely until recently so I really know nothing about Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch. I'm actually learning alot about the smaller players in the Marvel Universe with the movies coming out.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson
Chi-town_Chief, post: 165267, member: 346 Wrote:I never really followed Xmen and the avengers that closely until recently so I really know nothing about Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch. I'm actually learning alot about the smaller players in the Marvel Universe with the movies coming out.
Dude, seriously. Turns out pretty much every throwaway character and line is someone with history. That goes double for SHIELD... they're dragging out some really obscure players.
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
NOLA, post: 165268, member: 22 Wrote:Dude, seriously. Turns out pretty much every throwaway character and line is someone with history. That goes double for SHIELD... they're dragging out some really obscure players.

this I am realizing.

For me if they were apart of the 90's spiderman cartoon, the first 3 seasons of the xmen cartoon, The spectaular spiderman cartoon, or part of Avengers The Earth's Mightiest heros cartoon I have heard of them. Other than that I just don't have time/money too keep up with everything.
Chi-town_Chief, post: 165271, member: 346 Wrote:this I am realizing.

For me if they were apart of the 90's spiderman cartoon, the first 3 seasons of the xmen cartoon, The spectaular spiderman cartoon, or part of Avengers The Earth's Mightiest heros cartoon I have heard of them. Other than that I just don't have time/money too keep up with everything.
Ah.

For me, it's mid-80s to mid-'90s comic runs of all sorts from DC and Marvel both (but no Avengers), mid-'00s comic runs of much more limited scope (but more variety), and lots and lots of comic book conversations with other comic fans. Oh, and Justice League cartoon, because it was bomb.

You'd be amazed how helpful wikipedia is, though. I just google everybody on SHIELD now after episodes or when they announce upcoming guests.
NOLA, post: 165273, member: 22 Wrote:Ah.

For me, it's mid-80s to mid-'90s comic runs of all sorts from DC and Marvel both (but no Avengers), mid-'00s comic runs of much more limited scope (but more variety), and lots and lots of comic book conversations with other comic fans. Oh, and Justice League cartoon, because it was bomb.

You'd be amazed how helpful wikipedia is, though. I just google everybody on SHIELD now after episodes or when they announce upcoming guests.

Oh yeah. I use Wikipedia a TON.

Especially since alot of those comics you mentioned I was i was a little young for. I was 5 in 1990........
Chi-town_Chief, post: 165274, member: 346 Wrote:Oh yeah. I use Wikipedia a TON.

Especially since alot of those comics you mentioned I was i was a little young for. I was 5 in 1990........
[Image: sadpanda.png]
NOLA, post: 165275, member: 22 Wrote:[Image: sadpanda.png]

[media=youtube]i2fEzj0ZCJ0[/media]
<sigh> Kids!
[Image: HG.gif]
Chi-town_Chief, post: 165267, member: 346 Wrote:I never really followed Xmen and the avengers that closely until recently so I really know nothing about Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch. I'm actually learning alot about the smaller players in the Marvel Universe with the movies coming out.

Quicksilver is one of my favorite characters.

He's a sarcastic asshole with no sense of humor, which makes him hilarious.